Freezer cooking supplies are essential to freezer cooking. Having the right tools and supplies on hand for your freezer meal prep sessions will make your time and experience so much easier. These must-have freezer cooking supplies are essential for your success in the kitchen during your freezer cooking sessions!
Here’s the list of freezer cooking favorites that can be found in and around Erin’s kitchen during freezer meal prep sessions, and when making a fresh dinner too! (And I left the most important for last!)
MyFreezEasy Starter Kit
Get the most essential supplies for your freezer meal prep sessions in the MyFreezEasy Starter Kit. It contains:
- 2 Freezer Meal Bag Holders (see below)
- 4 – 9×13-inch disposable foil trays
- 8 – gallon-size resealable
- 2 – sheets of Avery #6874 sticker labels for printing meal labels
- Weekly Meal Plan magnetic board with magnetic dry erase marker
Order your Starter Kit today!
Appliances & Cookware
We’ve included a short list of crucial appliances and cookware that you might use on your prep day, but most likely you’ll use them on your “cook the freezer meal” day!
And if you’d like help learning how to use your electric pressure cooker, you need to take Erin’s online EPC101 class!
Find our “Freezer to Instant Pot” recipes here.
Slow Cooker – we recommend this affordable, programmable slow cooker from CrockPot. It cooks evenly and well and has been used to test hundreds of our recipes!
Food Processor or Vitamix or Blendtec – While we don’t do a lot of pre-cooking or fancy sauce making with MyFreezEasy recipe, a food processor can assist with chopping, slicing and dicing of different veggies.
12″ Skillet with Lid – With MyFreezEasy meals, we do pre-brown the ground beef before it goes into a meal or baggie. A large, non-stick skillet with a lid is used often in our freezer meal prep AND on freezer meal cooking day. We love this one!
Cookware Sets – Having the right set of cookware is crucial for making delicious, great meals for you and your people. Getting a set of non-stick cookware and/or stainless saucepans will carry you through years of cooking.
Baking Dishes – A variety of glass bakeware will help you make all kinds of meals in the oven – from meatloafs to casseroles to roasted chicken and more. We recommend a set of bakeware that includes a variety of sizes, like this one from Pyrex.
See disposable/reusable options below.
Tools & Gadgets
FreezEasy Bag Holders – No Mess Freezer Meal Prep! These are MUST HAVE because they hold the bags open while you fill them with food.
Silicone Oven “Pinch Mitts” – these oven mitts fit right onto your fingers and you can “pinch them” to grab hot dishes or Instant Pot inserts.
Cutting Board and Great Knives – link
Mixing Bowls – There is a.l.o.t. of mixing of sauces, marinades and ingredients that happens during a freezer meal prep session. We typically go through at least 2-3 bowls per session. We love these Melamine bowls and these metal bowls.
Shredding Claws – we cook and shred lots of meat in our MyFreezEasy Meals. Having a pair of these meat claws makes it fast and simple!
Containers & Baggies
We use a variety of different container and baggies around here. Keeping a stash of each in your pantry or storage closet will help make freezer meal prep day a breeze!
- Gallon-size freezer bags – perfect for meals for 4-6 servings
- 2.5 Gallon-size freezer bags – crucial for meals of 6+ servings
- Reusable freezer bags – grab these to wash and reuse!
- Foodsaver & bags – use to vacuum seal and reduce freezer burn
- Foil pans of various sizes – we recommend these sizes: 9×13-inch, half steam trays and loaf pan foil trays
- Glad Ovenware – fill, freeze, bake, wash, reuse!
- Plastic storage containers – use for freezing smaller, individual portions of cooked meals
- Glass storage containers – use for freezing smaller, individual portions of cooked meals
- Divided storage containers – use for freezing complete individual portions of cooked meals with main and sides
- Silicone Ice Cube Trays – use for freezing sauces, soup starters, or skillet meal starters.
Freezer Meal Prep Plan from MyFreezEasy
Well, you didn’t think we’d forget, did you?!
We’ve left the most important tool and supply for last.
THE FREEZER MEAL PLAN.
Here’s what it saves you…….
And here’s how it works…
If you want the flexibility to choose the perfect freezer friendly recipes for your family, then MyFreezEasy is ready to help you!
Learn more about becoming a MyFreezEasy member today!
Want to learn more – check out our FREE Workshop with Erin!