Meals on the road have been quite the buzz in our Facebook group lately! I would imagine it is because there are so many benefits to planning, preparing, and taking freezer meals with you while on a road trip or camping!
Freezer meals on the road can save you so much money! They allow you to skip the super expensive tourist restaurants, theme park food, and drive thru lines. Then you have the flexibility to pick and choose which meals to splurge on as a treat! Plus, you know that the food you are providing is healthy and real. (Not to mention how much easier it is to accommodate food allergies if you bring your own food!)
Taking freezer meals on the road also keeps the stress down and helps keep your energy level up. You get to be one step ahead of those scary/hangry “What’s for dinner?!?” moments. Plus, you don’t have to stand in the kitchen cooking after a long day of driving or exploring. (Double win!!)
One of our members also shared how nice it is to have a few meals in your freezer for when you get BACK home from your road trip…
“Happiness is… coming home from vacation, tired and totally not wanting to shop or cook after a week of eating out, and pulling three freezer crockpot meals out to get you through the next few days. P.S. all eleven of us loved Lazy Lasagna Bake while at the beach house.”
Quick Travel Tips
- Pack up that slow cooker (or Instant Pot!) Slow cooker meals are perfect while staying in a hotel or condo. The meals cook while you play! (Use slow cooker liners for easy clean up.)
- Take some extra storage bags for leftovers.
- Foil pack meals are perfect for camping. Check out my post on foil pack recipes here.
- Order groceries to be delivered to your vacation spot after you get there (if available in the area). No need to waste time shopping while on vacation!
- Prepare snacks for the road before you leave.